Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crochet Pillow

I have been sorting my yarn into groups that might all go into one project.  I usually don't buy yarn for a project, but I buy what I like and then figure out what to make with it.  I know that can often end badly, but I can usually find something to make. 

When I grouped my yarn together, there was an off white skein and a rust color that didn't seem to fit in, so I made a granny square pillow cover with them.

I have been making granny squares since I was a young girl, so I just picked up my yarn and hook and made this without a pattern.  If anyone wants a pattern, I could try to write one.

This is the second one of these that I made.  On the first one I joined the yarn on the right side of the work each time, and when it was finished it looked like it was kind of "on a tilt".  So whenever you make a granny square it's best to do a round and then turn the work over.

I wasn't sure how long I would use this pillow or if I would want to change the cover, so I made the back with a flap.

I made the back up also.  It is just single, half double and double crochets done in random rows.  Where you see the rust stripe across the center is where the opening is.  I plan to sew 2 or 3 buttons on there and button the cover on.  Then the pillow could be used on either side.

 I hope you have a yarn project in the works.  I am working on an afghan now and will show you photos when I get a bit more done.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10